We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. National Watermelon Day – Cheers to celebrating with a watermelon martini, mimosa or even a watermelon cocktail keg.
2. Most Decorated Olympian – Cheers to Michael Phelps for becoming the most decorated Olympic athlete. The London Olympics continue this weekend as Track & Field events kick off today.
3. First Weekend of August – Well, summer is flying by. We’re toasting to a weekend of outdoor drinking. Let’s do it while we can.
4. Lollapalooza 2012 – This Chicago music festival is one of the biggest in the country and this years lineup is stacked with powerhouse performers. We’ll always raise a glass to talented musicians and great music.
5. Gore Vidal – Raising a glass to the noted author, playwright, commentator and pseudo politician whose public career spanned seven decades.