July is National Ice Cream month. And we can’t think of a more worthy celebrant. While you can’t really go wrong adding ice cream to your favorite liqueur (two rights always make a right), here are three decadent combinations to try before you make your own. They each take dessert to a whole new level.
Ice Cream Genius
- 2 oz amaretto almond liqueur
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
Blend all ingredients together in a blender.
Cappuccino Rum Shake
- 1 pint (2 cups) softened coffee ice cream
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) dark rum, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Garnish: unsweetened cocoa powder and cinnamon sticks
In a blender, blend ice cream, rum and ground cinnamon until smooth but still thick and pour into 2 chilled stemmed glasses. Top drinks with whipped cream and garnish with cocoa powder and cinnamon sticks.
Brandy Alexander Shake
- 1 1/2 cups softened vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) brandy, or to taste
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) crème de cacao, or to taste
- Garnish: freshly grated nutmeg
In a blender, blend ice cream, brandy and crème de cacao until smooth but still thick. Pour mixture into 2 chilled stemmed glasses and garnish with nutmeg.