It’s time to channel your more natural, crunchy side. Earth Day has become huge in our country with tons of organizations hosting events to draw attention to environmental issues and ways to protect our planet.
After you get out today and help save the world, you’re probably going to be a little thirsty. Mix up one of these delicious Earth Day cocktails and make Mother Earth proud.
King Karl Earth Day Cocktail
This yummy drink is a collaboration between The Post Social and Kanon Organic Vodka. The King Karl part is from a man who lived in the 1500s that made Kanon’s “environmentally friendly existence possible.”
- Muddle 3 organic strawberries in the bottom of a shaker
- Add 2 oz. Kanon Organic Vodka, 1/2 oz. fresh organic lime juice, and 1/2 oz. Agave. Shake and strain into your favorite glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
The Hip to Be² Cocktail
This refreshing, eco-friendly cocktail was created by the bar staff at New York City’s The Muse Hotel. It’s made with Square One Organic Vodka, which was the first certified organic vodka in the U.S. Their labels are even made from sustainable sources and are biodegradable.
- In a mixing glass, muddle 4 organic cucumber slices and lemon slices from 1/2 of an organic Meyer lemon.
- Add 1 1/2 oz. Square One Organic Vodka, 1/2 oz. St. Germain, and 1/2 oz. simple syrup.
- Shake and double strain over fresh ice in a highball glass.
- Layer in slices of organic cucumbers, top with club soda, and garnish with a cucumber peel.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add 1 1/2 oz. Veev Acai Spirit, 1/2 oz. Grand Marnier, 2 oz. cranberry juice, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
- Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry, lemon twist, or lime wheel.
Cheers to Mother Nature all you boozies.