We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing, that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Best Friends Day – Through thick and thin, Happy Best Friends Day. Celebrate by taking your best friend(s) to a bar to let the good times roll. Always remember, “friends dont let friends drink light beer” – (author unknown).
2. Savor – Tonight is the 5th annual Savor event hosted by the Brewers Association in Washington D.C. It is a night full of food and drink where professional chefs and brewers get together to pair delicious craft beers with meals that either compliment or contrast them. The best part? If you’re not attending, the menu is online so you can enjoy your own Savor event right at home.
3. Sports Packed – Tomorrow is Game 7 for the Celtics and Heat, the Stanley cup is in the home stretch, a Subway Series is hitting New York and for all you soccer fans, Euro 2012 is kicking off (pun obviously intended). Cheers to finding yourself the nearest bar stool and staying put.
4. World Gin Day – Saturday is World Gin Day. Cheers to grabbing your favorite junipers and mixing up these classic cocktails.
5. National Iced Tea Day – Sunday is National Iced Tea Day. Here is a list of recipes to make this already refreshing summer drink just a little more refreshing.