Temperatures are finally starting to hit 80 degrees. The humidity is setting into the city. It’s been officially summer for a whole week now.
Us Bostonians are never happy. It’s too cold. It’s too hot. But let’s be real- I think we all would choose the humidity over the freezing snow. I don’t know about you, but I’m wicked pumped to finally hang at all of my favorite Boston rooftop bars and drank some dranks with my buds!
The only lights that aren’t going to give you a sunburn is the light at the end of the tunnel of a long work day and the one lighting the sign to your favorite bar. The oasis awaits. Patios and rooftop bars are finally open and it’s time to get some R&R with your pals in the sunshine. Here are a few place in our beloved city of Boston where you can crack open a few brews while beating the summah’ heat.
Rooftop @ Revere
Located in the Revere Hotel, this rooftop pool and bar will answer all your summer prayers.
– The Hamma Slammah: Hammer & Sickle Vodka, Red Bull, cucumber, simple syrup and Sriracha
– Lady on Charles: Don Julio, grapefruit, Lillet Blanc, and agave nectar
The Colonnade Hotel Rooftop Pool
Be transported to the tropics without ever leaving Back Bay.
– Jalapeno Margarita: Tanteo Jalapeno infused Tequila, Lime
– Cucumber Rosemary: Effen Cucumber Vodka, fresh rosemary, lime and cucumber water
Located in the Envoy Hotel, you’ll find sweeping city skyline views of Boston and the harbor.
– Lookout Gives You Wings: Stoli Orange, Frutations Cranberry syrup, Redbull Orange
– City Side Sangria: Rosé, Crème de Peche Liqueur, strawberries, oranges, apples, and a splash of Ginger Ale
The Baseball Tavern
A baseball throw away from Fenway- literally. Overlooking the beloved ballpark, it’s the perfect casual place pregame the Sox game.
– Any beer brewed in MA
– A classic Bud Light
The Promenade Deck is open all four seasons thanks to its retractable glass roof and movable walls.
– A pitcher of their famous seasonal punch
– Any of the 27 wines they offer
A fully stocked rooftop bar makes this the perfect setting for a weekend brunch.
– Coconut Mai Tai: Malibu Rum, pineapple juice, splash of Grenadine, drizzled with dark rum
– On The Bloom: Absolut, Kahlua, Cocoa Cola on the rocks topped with Irish Stout
Is there anything better than a roof fiesta? Nope.
– Spiked Agua Fresca: Your choice of alcohol, limonada, horcacta, jamaica
– Classic Marg
This rooftop bar is secretly nuzzled between office buildings. Plus Wednesdays from 9pm to midnight are $3 drafts, $5 wines, $6 drinks, and half-price apps.
– Boston Tea Part: Deep Eddy Sweet Tea Vodka, Absolut Wild Tea Vodka, fresh lemonade, garnished with fresh lemon
– Market Punch: Bacardi Rum, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Whiskey, St-Germain elderflower liqueur, Chambord, pinapple juice, Deep Eddy Grapefruit Vodka, ginger ale and a splash of grenadine
Delicious North End Italian cuisine and rooftop views make this a restaurant a favorite for all.
– Any wine from their insanely huge wine list
– Any of their savory Grappas
This rooftop bar is the ultimate place to hang and drink with friends.
– Spicy Cadillac Margarita: Tanteo Jalapeno Tequila, Grand Mariner, lime, simple syrup and a spicy salted rim
– Sweet Tease: Deep Eddy’s Sweet Tea Vodka, Peach Liqueur, lemon, ginger, simple syrup and soda water
You can’t go wrong with a sweeping view of the Boston waterfront.
– Pier 6 Painkiller: The Real McCoy 3 Year Rum, orange juice, pinapple juice, creme de coconut and fresh nutmeg
– Captain’s Mistress: Avion Blanco Tequila, Aperol, grapefruit juice, rhubarb bitters and cava
Nationally renowned musicians play almost every night- it’s never a dull night.
– Floating to No Where: Four Roses bourbon, pear, cinnamon, lemon, cava
– Renegade Ambassador: Bulleit Bourbon, pomegranate, orange, lemon, Angostura & Reagan’s orange
Top of the Hub
Climbing 52 floor above Back Bay, Boston’s best skyline views deliver a truly one-of-a-kind dining experience.
– The “Hub” Cosmopolitan: Stoli Ohranj Vodka, Clément Créole Shrub, cranberry, lime
– The Boston Bee: Sweet Tea vodka, lemon juice, agave nectar, ginger beer
The Lawn on D
The only bar that’s on the ground that made it onto our list. And for good reasons.
– Seaport Mule: Vodka, ginger beer, and lime
– Southie-rita: Tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime, agave and grapefruit juice.
Pick a day, a warm day, and check out these awesome outdoor bars. We promise you won’t regret it!