1) Mojito. You can’t go wrong with a classic mojito. Whether you’re drinking one on the beach, in a bar or on your couch, it’s always a perfect blend between refreshing and boozy. The best thing about this cocktail? The flavor possibilities are endless. You can have classic mint, strawberry, blackberry, pineapple, raspberry, honestly any fruit your little heart desires. It’s also super easy to make. Just place ice in a beverage shaker then add rum, mint sprigs, lime juice and sugar. Shake well and serve with a splash of club soda and a slice of lime for garnish.
2) White Russian. Another simple, yet classic cocktail. All you need is vodka, Kahlua and cream. It’s a one-stop source of alcohol, sugar, caffeine and milk. The Big Lebowski was onto something with this creamy coffee-flavored cocktail. A healthy dose of vodka in the mix assures that “the dude abides.”
3) Black Russian. Why stop at a White Russian? It takes a few drinks to survive a Moscow winter. This cocktail is a mixture of vodka and Kahlua. You can even add a splash of cola if you’re feely particularly bubbly. Or for you sweet tooths out there, add a scoop of chocolate ice cream.
4) Mai Tai. A perfect summery cocktail that we enjoy year round. Spiced rum, coconut-flavored rum, orange liqueur, lime juice and almond syrup create a strong, yet delicious, drink. There are tons of variations on this cocktail which makes it versatile and fresh. You’ll never be bored when drinking a Mai Tai.
5) Paper Plane. We were surprised this made it on the list. It seems to be extremely less well known than the top four. It’s equal parts bourbon, aperol, amaro nonino and lemon juice. It’s the ideal aperitivo: simple to make, easy to drink.