For all you Potter fans out there, we’re sure you’ve heard the news that all of the Harry Potter films will be returning to IMAX cinemas next Thursday (October 13th). If you’d like to look up times/locations, check out the announcement from IMAX. Also, shout out to BuzzFeed for the recipe inspo.
We’re assuming that these showings are going to sell out fast so if you couldn’t score a ticket in time, here are some Potter inspired drinks to make for your home viewings of the films.
- 5 oz silver tequila
- 1/5 oz St. Germain
- 1 oz lemon juice
- Add everything to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake (hard!) for a full 20 seconds. Strain into a coupe glass and enjoy!
Hair of The Three-Headed Dog
- 5 tequila
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- 1 12oz bottle Mexican Beer (Corona or Modelo)
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 celery stalk
- Mix tequila, tomato juice, lime juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces. Mix salt and chili powder together in a small bowl or saucer. Rub the rim of a pint glass with a slice of lime and roll the outside of the glass rim in the chili salt to coat it. Fill glass halfway with ice, add tomato mixture, stir well, and top with beer. Garnish with celery if you like.
The Phoenix Feather
- 2 oz Lillet Blanc
- 5 oz Campari
- 1 oz fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- Seltzer or club soda
- Combine Lillet, Campari, and grapefruit juice in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake, vigorously, for about 20 seconds. Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice cubes and top with seltzer.
- 6-8 tbsp butterscotch sauce (depending how sweet you like it)
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup bourbon whiskey (optional)
- 2 cups ginger beer (or ginger ale)
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Heat cider, bourbon and butterscotch syrup in a medium saucepan until the butterscotch dissolves and the mixture is steaming hot. Remove from heat and stir in the ginger beer. Ladle into mugs an serve with loads of whipped cream on top.
- ¼ oz simple syrup (heat equal parts sugar and water until fully dissolved, then cool)
- ¼ oz lemon juice
- 5 oz ginger beer
- Champagne or other sparkling wine
- Mix simple syrup and lemon juice in the bottom of a champagne flute. Add ginger beer and fill with champagne.