Feeling like you would do just about anything to obliterate your horrific, head-splitting hangover?
Conventional, so-called “hangover remedies” don’t seem to be working for you. Why not switch up your morning-after routine a bit?
For your convenience, we have compiled the five most bizarre methods of remedying last night’s mistakes. Disclaimer: we have minimal proof that these work any better than Advil and water. But it’s worth a shot.
1) Some Haitian voodoo practitioners stick 13 black-headed pins into the cork of the bottle that they finished off. Seems like this would be more distracting than restoring, but by all means, unleash your wrath on the backstabbing perpetrator of your hangover. If instead of a cork you have left over bottle caps… Well, uh, good luck with that.
2) According to Irish folklore, the best way to cure a hangover is to get buried up to your neck in wet river sand. Talk about hiding your problems… This trick may not be for everyone, for it requires an acceptance of vulnerability. If you are brave enough this remedy, make sure to bring a trusted buddy who will not only agree to bury you, but also be around to dig out you when your symptoms have subsided.
3) Native American cultures insist that to conquer your alcohol-induced headache, you should go for a run to work up a sweat, then lick the sweat off your body, swish it around in your mouth, and spit it out. The sweat you release from exercise has been a certified way to release toxins, just refrain from licking yourself in front of others at the gym, they may not be as familiar with this technique as you now are.
4) The morning after a crazy night, Mongolians may enjoy a cocktail made of tomato juice… and pickled sheep eyes. So maybe you like to treat yourself to a revitalizing Bloody Mary for breakfast the morning after a night on the town. Next time, just pop in some pickled sheep eyes and the drink may be that much more effective! (Warning: If you’re nauseously hungover, do NOT look up what a pickled sheep eye looks like. Seriously. Don’t.)
5) Sicilian traditions say that to restore one’s virility, the proper approach is to ingest some dried bull… parts. And by parts, they mean the male private parts. Supposedly this delicacy is high in protein, vitamins and minerals. It has also been reported that this cure is rich in collagen, which is beneficial for the skin. Not only can you cure your hangover, but this remedy will also leave you with glowing skin!
There you have it. Chances are these habits are not your accustomed hangover remedies… Question is, just how far are you willing to go to get rid of that nasty hangover?