1. US Women’s Soccer – Suddenly, playing like a girl isn’t a bad thing. The US Women’s Soccer team has had a phenomenal run in the 2011 Women’s World Cup. They battle Japan in the finals this Sunday, July 17. We’ll be watching and toasting this ESPY ‘Best Play’ award winning team.
2. Harry Potter – The last movie of the series hits the big screen this Friday. Will the grand finale beat its own worldwide-opening record of $394 million?
3. LA’s Carmageddon – Face it, if you’re in LA this weekend you aren’t driving anywhere which pretty much means you aren’t going anywhere. The 405 will be closed from 7pm Friday night until 6am Monday morning (Fun Fact: the construction company will be paying the city $6,000 for every 10 minutes they’re late). Gather your friends, grab some booze and make it a weekend of drinking in.
4. Boston’s Beer Marathon – For those of you on the east side of the country, join in Boston’s Beer Marathon fun. The 6th annual Boston Beer Marathon is Saturday, July 16. This crawl stretches 26 bars, giving out Viking helmets to the first 1,500 attendees. Viking helmets. Need we say more?
5. Because everything is beginning to have an alcoholic version – As we tweeted earlier this week, Vodka Caviar has made its debut. That’s right, fish eggs infused with vodka. We’re going to pass on that but we’ll take the hint – Booze is in, non-alcoholic is out.