Popsicles are one of the most popular frozen treats ever, but it’s the Popsicle’s cousin that gets us really psyched in the freezer aisle at the grocery store: the Creamsicle. Creamsicles are a magical combo of vanilla ice cream and orange popsicle and they definitely deserve their own holiday.
Oh wait, they do have their own holiday…and it’s today!
To celebrate National Creamsicle Day, we put together a few Creamsicle-flavored cocktails for you to make today. Heck, eat a Creamsicle while you drink a Creamsicle cocktail – you deserve it.
Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail
This Coconut Creamsicle Cocktail adds an interesting coconut twist to the classic Creamsicle taste. Also, if you are vegan or just like to pretend you are, this recipe is for you because it’s totally dairy-free.
- Fill a mason jar (or any glass) with ice
- Pour in 1 1/2 oz. coconut rum
- Fill the glass 3/4 of the way to the top with orange juice. Stir well to combine.
- Float So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk on top of the drink and enjoy!
Creamsicles and margaritas basically define summer, so when they join forces in this Creamsicle Margarita, you really can’t find a better cocktail to sip on your back porch on a warm summer evening.
- First, you’re going to make vanilla-infused salt. Slice 1 vanilla bean open lengthwise and then cut the bean into quarters, crosswise. Place the vanilla bean in a small glass jar and cover with 3/4 cup coarse sea salt. Cover the jar and shake well. Allow to rest for at least 30 minutes before rimming the margarita glasses.
- Pour some of the salt onto a small plate. Wet the rim of the margarita glass, then dip it in the salt, turning the glass so that the rim is covered in vanilla salt. Fill the glass with ice.
- In an ice-filled cocktail shaker, add 1 1/2 oz. tequila, 1/2 oz. lime juice, 1/2 oz. triple sec, 2 Tbsp. marmalade, and 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract. Cover and shake until the shaker is chilly and frosted over.
- Strain into the prepared margarita glass and garnish with some lime and orange slices. Serve immediately.
Orange Creamsicle Cocktail
One of the best parts of indulging in a Creamsicle is the fact that it’s frozen, so we couldn’t wrap up this article without one recipe that requires a blender and ice cream. Say hello to your new favorite grownup dessert!
- Put your large glass in the freezer at least 15 minutes before preparing the cocktail.
- Combine 2 oz. vodka, 1/2 oz. triple sec, 4 oz. orange juice, 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream, 1/4 cup orange sherbet and 2 ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fill the chilled glass 3/4 full and top off the glass with orange soda.
- Garnish with orange slices and cherries.