With Easter just yesterday what a better way to celebrate the day of pastel easter eggs with cocktails that use the egg itself? Though most may think egg whites in any beverage form is gross or how body builders get their day of works outs started, egg whites are actually a quite common beverage ingredient, especially in a famous yule tide drink: egg nog. If you love the taste of that winter tradition that why not put a spring twist on the classic with this Ramos Gin Fizz created by famed New Orleans barman Henry C. Ramos.
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange flower water
- Club soda, chilled
- Add the gin, lemon juice, lime juice, egg white, cream, sugar, and orange flower water to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously, about 15 seconds.
- 2Add a handful of ice to the cocktail shaker and shake again until the outside of the canister looks frosty, about 15 seconds. Strain into a chilled 10-ounce highball or collins glass without ice. Top off with club soda.
Recipe And Pic from Chowhound