We think we can be pretty predictable when it comes to drinking. As we “mature” we’d like to think we’ve learned a little bit about ourselves. So we took a little poll around here and discovered that we seem to stick to certain drinks at certain times, developing little drinking rules. We’ve come to refer to these rules as “Boozy Blueprints.” And now we live by them.
Here are some of our basics:
– If it’s a cocktail before dinner, it’s gonna be scotch.
– If it’s a burger (or anything without utensils for that matter), we’re drinking beer.
– If it’s a steak, it’s red wine.
– If we’re at a wedding, it’s vodka sodas all night long.
– If it’s a summer BBQ, it’ll be an IPA.
– And all other times in between (more often than not), you better believe it’s good ol’ American whiskey or a PBR tall boy.
Call them drinking ticks, musts or have-tos—it’s just how we do business. Are we the only ones with this sort of system? We doubt it.
So, maybe you’re a mixer, maybe you’re red wine all the time or maybe you’re a Bud heavy loyalist. Indulge us—What’s your Boozy Blueprint?