As you may know, we don’t mess around with beer. There are only a few things on our good earth that can compete with the feeling we get after knocking back our favorite bev. Sometimes, we even enjoy taking our beer home with us. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is where the growler comes in to play. These 64 oz. jugs are quickly gaining popularity right alongside craft beers and microbrews. When specialty beers don’t come in bottled form, loyal customers have been more than happy to reach for their handy dandy growlers and head to the filling station. But, we’re starting to get concerned. Are growlers really all they’re cracked up to be? We took some time to do a little research, and this is what we came up with:
- Environmentally friendly: It’s simple. Reusable container = less bottles. Less bottles = less waste.
- More variety: With a growler, your options are endless.
- Volume: Not too big. Not too small. It’s just right.
- Carbonations (or lack off): After opening your growler, experts recommend to drink it in one sitting or else you’ll run the risk of your hoppy goodness going flat. The horror.
- Maintenance: The one downside to reusable containers. You’ve got to clean ‘em.
- Hassle: As the last drops of your beer stash dwindle, you’ll have to get up off the couch and get over to the filling station. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
As you look at the above list, we hope that you carefully weigh your options. Can you live the growler life? Is it worth it to you? Either way, we know you’ll get your beer one way or another.