In our eyes, the only thing better than Thanksgiving food is a Thanksgiving drink. Whether you’re at a Blackout Wednesday blowout or prepping for turkey dinner, here are some of our favorite cocktails to get through the holidays.
Apple Cider Margarita
Love tequila but want to dress it up a bit for the holidays? Here’s your new go-to cocktail to combine fall flavors with your favorite Mexican libation.
- Add ice, 2 ounces of tequila, 3 ounces of apple cider to a mixer
- Add half ounce of orange liqueur, a splash of maple syrup, and the juice of half a lime
- Shake until cold
- Strain into a cinnamon sugar-rimmed glass and garnish with apple for a little extra flair!
With fall in full swing, a warm drink is the perfect complement to your Thanksgiving dinner. Give our recipe for mulled wine a shot this holiday season.
Pumpkin Pie Martini
Desert in a glass? Yes, please. And even better, it’s one of the easiest drinks on this list to make. Here’s how it’s done:
- Add one part pumpkin spice liqueur and one part vodka to a mixer
- Shake and strain into martini glass with a brown sugar rim
- Add an orange peel for garnish and enjoy!
Cranberry Moscow Mule
One of the favorites at our Thanksgiving table is cranberry sauce. Why not take that same flavor and put it in your favorite cocktail, the Moscow mule. Here’s how to make it happen:
- In a mug or glass, add two ounces of vodka, two ounces of cranberry juice
- Juice a lime, and add 1/2 an ounce of the juice to the mix
- Add three ounces of ginger beer and ice
- Garnish with lime and/or cranberries, and enjoy!
Trying to get your drink on while staving off the football and tryptophan-induced nap that follows every Thanksgiving meal? Here’s the perfect dessert drink with a little caffeine boost.
- In a mug or glass, add one scoop of coffee ice cream
- Add one ounce of Irish whiskey, one ounce irish cream liqueur, two ounces of cold brew
- Garnish with whipped cream for the ultimate dessert experience!
Are we missing any of your personal favorites? Let us know in the comments section what you’ll be sipping on this holiday season!