Let’s be honest, orange isn’t everyone’s favorite color. It is, however when it comes to the Netflix hit original series, Orange is the New Black, which is premiering its third season today. Yes -TODAY. So whether you’ve been planning a premiere party for weeks, or are scrambling to put something together, these show inspired cocktails will make your viewing party the one to beat. Binge the entire season in one night, don’t worry, we won’t judge.
Vause Is Back:
- 2 oz Partida Reposado Tequila
- ½ oz agave nectar
- ¾ oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz mango puree
- 2 jalapeno disc/slices
In shaker, muddle 1 jalapeño disc with agave nectar. Add ingredients into shaker and shake over ice. Strain over ice, garnish with jalapeño disc floating on top.
Big Boo’s Brew:
- 4 oz. fresh orange juice
- 1 oz. *honey syrup (1:1)
- Sapporo Premium Light
- 2 -3 dashes orange bitters
In a tall cocktail glass add orange juice and honey syrup, top with Sapporo beer and orange bitters. Stir gently with bar spoon and garnish with orange slice.
*honey syrup: in a small pot over medium heat, combine 1 c. honey and 1 c. water and stir lightly until dissolved
- 1 oz. Amaro Lucano
- ½ oz gin
- ½ oz Aperol
- 2 ½ oz Passion Fruit Juice
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain in to a Hurricane glass filled with ice.
For My Dandelion
- 2 oz Amarula Cream
- 3 oz pure mango juice
- ¼ teaspoon de-seeded and chopped red chili
- Dried mango slivers
Combine the Amarula, pure mango juice and chopped red chili in a cocktail shaker, blender or sealed container and shake well. Pour over crushed ice into a high-ball glass and garnish with dried mango slivers.
- 1 ½ G’Vine Floraison Gin
- ½ oz Agave nectar or simple syrup
- ½ oz Blood orange juice or puree
- 1 oz Fresh pineapple juice
- ¾ oz Fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Brut Champagne
- 5 Tarragon leaves
Put the Champagne in a martini glass. Put the rest of the ingredients in a shaker, add ice, shake and serve in the martini glass with the Champagne. Garnish with a skewered blueberry, raspberry, gooseberry and a tarragon sprig.
Baby Daddy Bennet
- 1 ½ oz Diplomatico Rum Reserva Exclusiva
- ¾ oz orange liqueur
- ¾ oz lemon juice
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with, shake and strain into a sugar-rimmed cocktail glass.
Recipe & Gif
So many women have a lot on their plates and they almost feel guilty when they want to spend a night just vegging on the couch without any responsibilities. Well, ladies, we’re giving you permission to chill out. Why? Because this week is National Hermit Week, and it would be a real shame if you missed out on something so important.
When we go into hermit mode, we usually read, watch something on Netflix, or sit on Pinterest until our eyes start to blur. If any or all of those ideas sound good to you, we want to make sure you have a proper cocktail while you’re in hiding. Here are some cocktails we recommend for National Hermit Week:
If you’re going to stay home and read…
You’re going to need a literary-themed cocktail, naturally. We love the Gin Gimlet, a classic cocktail you’ll find throughout The Great Gatsby.
- Add a few ice cubes to a short glass
- Pour in 1.5 oz. of gin, 1 oz. sweetened lime juice, and top with soda water.
- If you’re really not a gin fan, you can swap it out for vodka or tequila instead.
If you’re going to binge watch your favorite show on Netflix…
If you’re binge watching a show right now, we’re guessing it’s Orange is the New Black because everyone else in America is doing the same thing. Make this fun Orange is the New Black-themed cocktail. By the way, this recipe makes 8 drinks, so you may want to adjust these recipe measurements accordingly since hermits don’t really invite friends over.
- In a small pot, pour in 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, and add 3 or 4 fresh mint leaves.
- Stir everything and allow it to simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved. Then remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Pluck the mint leaves out and discard. This is going to be your simple syrup.
- In a freezer proof container, mix the simple syrup you just made with 12 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed) and 12 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed). Cover the container and put it in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Take the orange mixture out of the freezer and use a fork to rake the surface and create some slush. Spoon 1/3 of a cup of your orange slush into a cocktail glass and top that with a shot of rum. Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water or soda.
If you’re going to surf Pinterest for hours…
Those ladies on Pinterest think they’re so awesome, don’t they? Well you are just as good as them – better, even – so we found a pretty complicated cocktail recipe that will make you feel very accomplished when you’re done. That way you can surf Pinterest with pride knowing that you have mad cocktail skills.
- This recipe requires that you make a roasted raspberry syrup and broiled grapefruit juice before the cocktail, so click on the link above for those instructions.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 1/4 oz. rye, 3/4 oz. broiled grapefruit juice, 3/4 oz. lemon juice, 1/2 oz. roasted raspberry syrup, a barspoon of apple cider vinegar, a dash of coffee pecan bitters, and a dash of bergamot bitters.
- Shake well and strain into a glass over ice. Top with soda water.