We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Playboy: The magazine offered a sneak peek at their first non-nude edition this weekend. It was big news for those that haven’t heard about the diverse collection of websites the Internet offers. Close your eyes and imagine a future where you explain to your grandkids what Playboy was back in your day.
2. Elections: Next week is our first chance to hit the polls and voice our opinions on who will be the next President. If you still haven’t decided, pour a glass of whiskey and spend the weekend watching old West Wing episodes for inspiration.
3. People v. OJ Simpson: The television event premiered this week with John Travolta, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Ross from Friends. Try on some gloves and pour a mimosa to commemorate this trip down memory lane.
4. Super Bowl: The Panthers and Broncos face off this Sunday for the Lombardi Trophy. Whether you’re Team Cam, Team Peyton or Team Coldplay there’s no better excuse to throw back beers on a Sunday.
5. Snow: The East Coast can’t catch a break with another storm hitting them this weekend. The bright side? If you run out of space for beer in your fridge, just throw it in the backyard.