We’re starting this year off in a generous mood, and by generous we mean a $100 gift card to the bar of your choice. Yes folks, we’re kicking off our first ever DIA contest. Before you can treat your friends, or just yourself to that $100 tab, here’s what we need you to do:
- Set the tone for 2012 by creating your New Year drink of choice
- Put together the recipe and give it a unique name
- Take a picture of your concoction (we’ll keep this task optional)
- Send your name, D.O.B, hometown & of course recipe to us at DrinkingInAmerica@gmail.com
All entries must be submitted by January 27th before 5:00 pm EST. From there, Chris Houk, bartender at D.C.’s Lincoln Restaurant, will judge the recipes. He’ll be looking for overall creativity based on the following:
- Best use of flavor/combination of spirits (taste)
- Drink name
- Best use of 2012 theme
We’ll announce the winner on Friday, February 3rd. The winning recipe will be posted on Drinkinginamerica.com and the winning mixologist will be awarded the $100 gift card prize. Use it wisely.
Like we said, we’re feeling generous so if you don’t win the $100 don’t worry. First 25 entries receive a DIA T-Shirt. Start mixing!