We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1- Oktoberfest: It’s October. Which means beer festivals, pretzels, and beautiful Germans everywhere you look. (Ok… maybe not that last part, but we can dream). If you’re not drinking beer from a boot, you’re doing it wrong.
2- Adam Sandler: The Waterboy himself is teaming up with Netflix to produce and star in 4 original films that will begin airing in the year 2015. Looks like we wanna grow old with him, too.
3- Michael Phelps: He added another DUI to his record this week. Apparently you can drink heavily AND win an Olympic medal (or 8). So drink away this weekend as long as you have a DD.
4- Ello: The new online social platform is up and running and kind of throwing us off. We’re gonna stick to socializing at the bar for now.
5- The D: Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, released a teaser ad this week announcing a new model he referred to as “The D”. Buy us a drink first, Elon.
We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing, that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Tailgating Time – Football is the silver lining to summer slowly fading away (unless of course you’re a football fan and have wanted summer to fly by). Either way we love it because it’s another excuse to drink beer, take shots, eat greasy food, hang out with your friends … oh yeah, and there are football games going on too.
2. Adam Sandler Turns 46 – He’s one of our favorite actors, comedians, screenwriters, musicians, and film producers … geez, what doesn’t he do? Toasting Adam because we all know the film industry wouldn’t be the same without Billy Madison.
3. Tough Mudder – September marks another wave of Tough Mudder races all over the country. More than half a million people have tried it, and only 78% finish. Pulling yourself through freezing cold water, barbed wire, electric shocks, and mud coating your entire body sounds brutal, but the beer at the finish line makes it all worth it … maybe.
4. TIFF – The Toronto International Film Festival is in full swing this weekend. We can’t wait to plan some movie marathons when the films premiering this weekend make it down to us. Cheers to our friends up North.
5. Fashion Week – Even if you’re not in NYC to celebrate we think it’s worthy of a fashion week inspired house party. Dress up most definitely required.