It’s sweet, delicious and gets you “happy drunk.” Often referred to as the “nectar of the gods,” mead is experiencing a Renaissance in popularity recently and people can’t get enough of the honey wine.
Not so long ago we gave you the lowdown on mead, and now that we’ve consumed our fair share we’ve got a list of the must taste meaderies in the U.S. If you’re lucky enough to live close to a meadery, get yourself there this spring and enjoy one of the most delicious concoctions we’ve tasted.
- Sap House Meadery – Ossipee, NH
- B. Nektar – Ferndale, MI
- Groennfell Meadery – Colchester, VT
- Schramm’s Meadery – Ferndale, MI
- Colony Meadery – Allentown, PA
- Redstone Meadery – Boulder, CO
- Starrlight Mead – Pittsboro, NC
- Moonlight Meadery – Londonderry, NH
- Hidden Legend Winery – Victor, MT
- Kookoolan Farms – Yamhill, OR
Any meaderies that you like to frequent for a delicious glass of honey wine? Let us know and we’ll put them on our list of must visit.