You may think you have a whole lot to do today before the weekend, but if you’re a mom, you are so wrong. In fact, you should probably try to be as lazy as possible. Don’t feel guilty! It’s National Lazy Moms day and it’s our country’s way of telling hardworking moms that they are allowed to stop for 24 hours and do whatever the hell they want. Like, yoga pants/Real Housewives marathon/didn’t brush your hair today kind of lazy. Oh, and don’t forget a cocktail or two – those are a must for moms today.
We want you to have some great cocktail options today, but we don’t want you to work too hard while you make them. Try one of these cocktails that are filled with great flavor, but won’t make you break a sweat.
You can feel totally old Hollywood while you sip on this drink because it was the signature drink at LA’s Vendome Club in the 1930s. Oh, and there’s only 3 ingredients, so this will take less than a minute to make.
- In an ice-filled cocktail shaker, mix 1 oz. bourbon, 1 oz. grapefruit juice, and 1 1/2 tsp. honey mixed with 1 1/2 tsp. warm water.
- Shake to chill and strain into a champagne coupe.
If you like black more than brown, go for a Black Russian. Also, if you can imagine, it’s even easier to make than the Brown Derby because it has 2 ingredients.
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice.
- Build these ingredients in the glass: 1 3/4 oz. vodka and 3/4 oz. coffee liqueur.
- Stir well.
First of all, there’s no gin in this Negroni. Sbagliato means “messed up” or “mistaken” in Italian and it’s used because this is supposed to be the result of a bartender messing up and adding sparkling wine instead of gin. That’s beside the point, though… it’s just darn easy to make and tasty, too.
- Combine 1 oz. sweet vermouth and 1 oz. Campari in an ice-filled glass.
- Top with 1 oz. sparkling wine, stir to combine, and garnish with an orange wheel if you’re feeling fancy. If you’re feeling really lazy, forget the garnish.
So ladies, treat yourselves. You deserve it.