Once upon a time, some brilliant individual created a chocolate hazelnut spread called Nutella. Nutella has become a pantry staple for many people due to the fact that you can really put it on anything; and, if you don’t have anything to put it on, you can just go to town on a jar with a spoon. It’s pure magic.
Luckily, a passionate community of Nutella lovers came together 8 years ago to create an official World Nutella Day. The chosen date? February 5. Since Nutella tastes great in any situation, we wanted to spread the love and share some Nutella-themed cocktail recipes with you to mark this delicious holiday.
This Nutella Martini recipe comes from a mommy blogger who used to be a bartender, so you know it’s going to be good (everyone knows moms need to drink more than anyone).
- Put 1 Tbsp. Nutella in a bowl and microwave for 15 seconds to warm
- Drizzle the Nutella inside your martini glass
- In an ice-filled cocktail shaker, add 1.5 shot of Frangelico Liqueur, 1 shot of Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, and 4-5 shots of chocolate milk. Shake until chilled.
- Pour gently into the martini glass and serve chilled.
These Nutella Shooters are dangerous because they are like mini milkshakes from heaven and it’s easy for the alcohol to sneak up on you.
- In a blender, add 1 cup shaved ice, 1/2 cup whole milk, 1 shot Irish Cream liqueur and pulse to combine.
- Add 2 tsp. Nutella and continue pulsing until well combined.
- Rim shot glasses with Nutella and distribute mixture evenly among the glasses.
Best. Winter. Cocktail. Ever. The Nutella Melt is your new best friend.
Nutella is one of the greatest creations of all time. And today you don’t need an excuse to eat it and drink plenty of Nutella cocktails. Cheers.