The day after Christmas is sort of sad, huh? After all of that anticipation and fun, the season is over. But we’re still in the spirit, especially because today is National Candy Cane Day.
Last week, we taught you how to make candy cane infused vodka, but today we’re all about the candy cane cocktails. Here are some yummy recipes you can make today to celebrate (they’re also a good way to get rid of those stray candy canes that are all over your house right now).
White Chocolate Candy Cane Cocktail
This candy cane cocktail could not be any easier to make and it adds a delicious touch of white chocolate liqueur.
In an ice-filled cocktail shaker add:
- 1 shot vanilla rum
- 1 shot white chocolate liqueur (recommended: Godiva)
- 1 shot peppermint schnapps
Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a candy cane.
This recipe is from Holsteins Shakes and Buns in Las Vegas and it tastes like something that was made in candy cane heaven.
- In a blender, add 3 scoops vanilla ice cream, 1/2 a candy cane, 1 oz. whole milk, 1 shot peppermint schnapps, and 1/2 shot clear creme de menthe. Blend until smooth.
- Crush the remaining half of the candy cane.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with whipped cream and the crushed candy cane.
These cocktails will make your post Christmas blues disappear. Happy National Candy Cane Day.