It’s coming, ladies. Tomorrow is the day all single women dread and we know that after a day of watching your co-workers receive flowers at work from their significant others, you’re probably going to need to go home and have a stiff cocktail. Or five. Whatever, we don’t judge.
Here are three amazing cocktails that are way better than having a boyfriend. They still look “Valentine-y” so you’re not a total hater, but as you sip them, you can know that you’re celebrating your love for yourself and not some random dude.
It’s pretty, it’s easy to make and the glass is rimmed in sugar. This Red Valentine cocktail is a million times better than getting a box of chocolates from a guy who’s trying too hard.
- Pour red sugar into a shallow plate or bowl, wet the rim of the glass with a lemon wedge and dip the glass into the sugar.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Combine 1.5 oz. Patron silver tequila, 1 oz. lemonade and a splash of grenadine into a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake for 45 seconds.
- Strain into the prepared glass and garnish with a lemon wedge.
This Strawberry Indulgence cocktail is not only an amazing drink, but it’s basically a dessert as well. We are big on multi-tasking, so this drink wins at life in our book.
- Decorate the inside of a martini glass with chocolate syrup and then rim the glass with a halved strawberry.
- In a cocktail shaker, shake up 1/2 oz. strawberry puree, 2 oz. Stoli Strawberry, and 1/2 oz. Bailey’s.
- Pour into the martini glass and garnish with more strawberries if you want.
If you really just don’t want a drink that looks Valentine-like in any way, shape or form, try the Black Honey cocktail. As Serious Eats says, this cocktail starts exotic and sweet, and leaves you dark and bitter…just like your last relationship.
- Make a honey-cinnamon syrup (directions at the link above)
- Fill a mixing glass 2/3 full with ice and then add 2 oz. Cynar, 1 oz. Smith & Cross Jamaican Navy Strength Rum, 3/4 oz. honey-cinnamon syrup and 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Stir for about 20 seconds and strain into a chilled cocktail coupe.
Screw Valentine’s Day. We just want to drink.