Summer is our favorite season for a couple of reasons: pitcher drinks, shandies, outdoor bars, and Shark Week. Today marks the start of Shark Week 2014 and we couldn’t be more pumped. If you’re a newbie to the SW scene, we don’t blame you, but highly encourage you to hop on the train because it’ll definitely leave without you. Be sure to keep an eye out for super sharks, shark related throw back movies, South Africa, and special effects-ridden underwater scenes.
In an effort to combine some of our favorite things, we’ve put together a Shark Week 2014 drinking game. Best enjoyed when expecting optimal drunkness.
Drink every time…
- The word “shark” gets combined with another word, or gets rhymed with, i.e. “Sharkageddon” or “Shark After Dark.”
- You see Rob Lowe.
- Someone says “Megalodon.” Finish your drink and all alcohol in sight if they find said creature.
- You see a shark meme.
- Someone is introduced as an expert, and twice if this person has a British or South African accent.
- You look up the Shark Week schedule at work (better save this drink for later).
- You see or hear the phrase, “Fins of Fury.”
- Fish guts are displayed on your television screen.
- Josh Wolf says something ridiculous (up to viewer discretion).
- You or someone around you says that Shark Week is the “best week ever.”
If drinking games aren’t your cup of tea, we suggest one (or two) of these fishy drinks.
3/4 oz spiced rum
3/4 oz light rum
1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1 1/2 oz sweet and sour mix
3 drops grenadine syrup
Fill a shaker with ice, spiced rum, light rum, curacao, and sweet and sour mix. Shake and strain into a glass. Top off with blood, ahem, we mean grenadine.
Fish Blood Shots
1 package red Jello
1 cup water
1 cup chilled berry flavored vodka
Prepare Jello as directed, add chilled vodka. Place gummy fish in shot glasses and fill with liquid Jello mixture. Chill until solid. Shoot.
Shark Week is always memorable, but with these ways to mix it up, it’s sure to be the best week of your summer.