They call it the most underrated drinking holiday of the year. On a night filled with old friends and good times, Thanksgiving Eve is your local dive bars biggest money maker. After a half-day at work and a long weekend ahead of you, there’s no better night for drinking. Plus you have time to recover tomorrow with a big meal and football on the couch.
Here are five urban dives for your Thanksgiving Eve night out.
- Employees Only (NYC): This bar is a hidden gem. With cheap drinks and friendly staff, this is the perfect place for family and friends to enjoy Thanksgiving Eve in the Big Apple.
- Slippery Noodle Inn (Indianapolis): For a traditional Thanksgiving Eve, hit up The Slippery Noodle Inn. The former speakeasy and Underground Railroad stop offers $3 Crown shots tonight.
- The Club Ms. Mae’s (New Orleans): This dive truly represents the spirit of New Orleans – making any native feel at home with Christmas lights behind the bar. There are $1 Rolling Rocks and $2 Fireball shots for Thanksgiving Eve. Need we say more?
- Old Town Ale House (Chicago): Loved by locals for its walls covered in comedic celebrity paintings, it’s hard to have more charm than this. Keep your eyes open, old SNL cast members have been known to frequent the dive.
- Pinkie Master’s Lounge (Savannah): This happens to be where Jimmy Carter announced his presidency on top of the bar after a few drinks. We doubt your Thanksgiving Eve celebrations will be that memorable, but you can hope.