In the world of food and drink, there are truly only a few things that can make us question our loyalty to alcohol: ice cream is one of those things. Ice cream is probably the most important thing ever invented in the world (who needs electricity or the wheel?), which is why we are thrilled to let you know that today is National Ice Cream Day!
Our goal is to have ice cream for every meal today, so we wanted to make sure we found some good alcoholic ice cream drink options to have during happy hour (also, breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Make one of these drink recipes today and celebrate the beautiful combination of booze and ice cream.
TGI Friday’s Barnamint Baileys Milkshake
You could hit up your local TGI Friday’s and pay someone else to make this Barnamint Baileys Milkshake for you…or you could make a double batch at home right now, drink the whole blender full, and no one will ever know…
- Add the following ingredients to your blender: 1 large shot of Bailey’s, 1 small shot of creme de menthe, 1/2 shot cream, 1/2 shot milk, 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, half a scoop of crushed ice and 3 Oreo cookies.
- Blend for about 30 seconds until you get your ideal milkshake texture.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with an Oreo.
The White Russian Float
Not every ice cream cocktail requires a blender. Get back to basics with a White Russian Float and question why you never thought to make this before today.
- Add a few scoops of coffee ice cream to a tall glass, then pour in a shot of vodka and top it all off with cream soda.
- Add two straws and share it with your significant other, because that is what makes floats adorable.
Ice Cream Sundae Martini
The only thing better than an ice cream cone is an ice cream sundae…and the only thing better than an ice cream sundae is an ice cream sundae with booze. Period.
- Line the rim of a martini glass with chocolate syrup and then dip the rim in rainbow sprinkles. Drizzle chocolate syrup around the sides of the glass.
- Combine 2 oz. half and half, 1 1/2 oz. Epic Whipped Cream Vodka, and 1/2 oz. simple syrup in a shaker. Add ice and shake until the liquid is chilled.
- Pour through the strainer into the martini glass. Garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, another drizzle of chocolate syrup, and a maraschino cherry.