Whether you went to summer camp, or just wish you did, there’s no denying that shipping off to camp is a fun time in a young person’s life. We can’t afford to send you to camp for grown-ups (for real, they have those) but we do want you to be able to sit back with a cocktail and reminisce about the good old days. If you’re feeling a little nostalgic this summer, go sit by a campfire and enjoy one of these cocktails that will bring your childhood camp memories back in an adult way.
The Toasty S’More
No matter what was going on during the daytime in camp, you could always count on sitting around the campfire at night and roasting s’mores.
- Rim a glass in corn syrup and dip it into graham cracker crumbs.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 oz. Fluffed Marshmallow Vodka, 2 oz. Godiva Liqueur, and 2 oz. heavy cream. Shake well and pour into the glass.
- Put a few mini marshmallows on a toothpick and then lightly toast them with a kitchen torch. Garnish the drink with the marshmallows on the toothpick.
Bug Juice Cocktail
Did you have bug juice at your summer camp? If not, don’t be afraid – it’s just a slang word used to describe some kind of fruity drink (and also the name of an old Disney Channel show about a summer camp for those of you born in the 90s).
- Fill a 16 oz. glass with ice.
- Add 1 1/2 shots of lemon vodka and 1/2 shot of Sour Apple Pucker.
- Fill the glass up with lemonade or limeade (your choice).
- Add a splash of grenadine and squeeze half a key lime.
- Garnish with key lime slices.
Frozen Lake Water
The lake probably played an important role in your summer camp experience, but we’re pretty sure you never wanted to drink it – until now.
- Add the following ingredients to a blender: 2 oz. blue curacao, 4 oz. pineapple juice, 2 oz. rum, and a handful of ice cubes.
- Blend everything up and enjoy.
Reminisce on the good old summer camp days with a drink in hand.