Game of Thrones Season 7 is finally here. Over at DIA, we’re all a little emotionally distraught about it. Are we happy and excited? Are we depressed and scared? Who’s going to be the last one sitting in the Iron Throne? Who are they killing off? So many questions that we don’t necessarily want to the know answers to.
All we know is that sh*t is probably going to blow up this season. And we need to emotionally prepare. You should too.
1) Rewatch Season 6. Or at least the finale. Refresh your brain on all the plots, because as you know, there are A LOT. Don’t have enough time? You’re in luck. Someone had (too much) free time and came up with a Season 1-6 recap rap. Yup, recap raps are a thing now. Check it out here.
2) Chat with the Game of Thrones chatbot. Maybe you need something a little more interactive to get you in the right GoT mindset. Hop on Facebook Messenger and catch up with the GoTbot. Talk about the new season, talk about which character you’d rather make out with, talk about your recent break up. The bot is there for you.
3) Get your Game of Thrones merchandise. Drink out of your GoT themed wine glass, while wearing your ‘King of the North’ t-shirt, under your ‘Night’s Watch’ blanket. And don’t forget your Pop! figurines. They need to watch too. Get ’em all here.
4) Make sure you chill your Ommegang Game of Thrones beer. Ommegang has 8 different flavors. Get all of them, or choose depending on which house you support. Don’t forget to serve it in a Night’s Watch glass.
5) Whip up some themed cocktails. Beer not your thing? These themed cocktails will suffice:
Blood of the Dragon
1 750 mL bottle Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva rum
15 oz. lemon juice
10 oz. rosemary thyme simple syrup
5 oz. honey
Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl with ice. Ladle into punch glasses. Garnish each glass with sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Serves 20.
Crows’ Old Fashioned
1 oz. Amaro Lucano
2 dashes green chartreuse
1/2 oz. simple syrup
Stir all ingredients with ice and serve in an Old Fashioned glass. Garnish with star anise and orange peel.