What a wonderful time of year to cozy up by the fireside. When we were children this was best with a cup of hot chocolate… but we’ve advanced. While forever nostalgic, we still agree that there is something better than relaxing by the fire with the coco with the little pre-added marsh-mellows. ie: Sitting by the fire with a warm cocktail in hand.
Cozy up with these fireside drinks:
Hot Spiced Buttered Rum: (1 serving)
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced lemon rind
- 3 pinches of cinnamon
- Pinch of ground gloes
- 1 jigger golden rum
- Boiling water
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
Add boiling water, light brown sugar, lemon rind, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to glass or mug. Pour in the rum and fill the rest of the mug with boiling water. Lastly, drop in the butter.
Hot White Russian: (4 servings)
- 2 1/2 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Kahlúa or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup vodka, or to taste
- whipped heavy cream for garnish if desire
In saucepan stir together coffee, cream, the Kahlúa, and vodka. Heat the mixture over moderate heat until hot. Divid mixture among mugs and garnish with whipped cream.