Garlic has a special way of making any dish taste instantly outstanding. Sure, it makes your breath a little funky, but the flavor and health benefits definitely make it worth it. In fact, garlic is so widely loved that someone along the way decided to make today (April 19) National Garlic Day.
We’re sure you love garlic in a variety of dishes, but what about in your cocktails? We swear it’s not as weird as it sounds. Try one of these garlic cocktails today and let us know what you think.
This recipe takes one of your favorite appetizers and turns it into an amazingly different cocktail: the Bold Bruschetta.
- Muddle 3 cherry tomatoes in a cocktail shaker.
- Add 2 oz. Beluga Vodka, 1/4 oz. olive juice, 1 basil leaf, 1 small slice of garlic, salt, pepper, and the juice of one lemon wedge.
- Shake well and strain into a glass.
This cocktail is named the Clark Kent because it looks cool and elegant, but it’s really hiding some intense flavors under its deceptively simple surface.
- Muddle 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic chives.
- Add 2 oz. gin, 1 oz. hot pepper vodka, and 1/4 oz. lemon juice.
- Stir for a couple minutes to let the garlic chives macerate. Stir with ice and double strain into a glass. Garnish with a chive flower.
Basil & Garlic Bloody Mary
This Basil & Garlic Bloody Mary is going to be your new brunch favorite! You need to make your own basil and garlic infused vodka, but it’s really easy and you’ll find the instructions by clicking the link above.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 1/2 cup tomato juice, 1 short of basil and garlic infused vodka, 2-3 dashes of hot sauce, 2-3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce, 2-3 dashes of celery salt, and the juice from 1/2 a lime. Shake well.
- Pour over ice into a tall glass. Garnish with celery, green olives, a pickle… whatever you prefer.
Whatever cocktail you make, be sure the breath mints are nearby.