GUYS. It’s the day we’ve all been waiting for…the first official day of summer! The summer solstice occurred at 6:51 EDT this morning, probably while you were still sleeping, and we could not be more excited. If you live in a place that’s warm year-round, like California or Hawaii, you may not understand our excitement. Unlike you, we are not able to enjoy certain parts of drinking for the entire year because we spend a large portion of our time bundled up in multiple layers of clothing while we shiver and curse the oil company for the sky high bills they like to send when our bank account is in the red.
Sorry, we have a lot of repressed feelings when it comes to the cold weather.
If you live in a part of the country where the word “summer” makes your heart sing, this article is for you. Without further ado, here’s our list of the very best things about summertime drinking:
- If it’s really hot out, your beer cooler can do double duty by serving as an ice-filled chair for you, and a way to keep your beer cold.
- There’s always a pitcher of sangria somewhere with your name on it.
- Cocktails taste better when there’s sand between your toes.
- Drinking a beer while lying on an inflatable raft in a pool > Drinking a beer while lying on your couch
- Three words: roof. top. bars.
- You know that Magic Bullet you bought during your juicing phase that is now collecting dust on top of your fridge? It’s your new frozen cocktail maker.
- Cocktail popsicles!
- Combine any food with any alcohol and then put it on the grill. There’s a good chance it is going to taste awesome. Well, for the most part…use your best judgment.
What’s YOUR favorite part of drinking in the summer? Share your thoughts below!