May is known for its beautiful flowers, but did you know they’re good for more than just pretty bouquets? Some flowers make mean additions to certain cocktails. Here are three ways you can celebrate May’s colorful flowers:
Elderflower Mojito Cocktail
This is a perfect twist on the classic mojito and the edible flowers make it pretty to look at!
- Add 1 oz. white rum and 10 fresh mint leaves to a mixing glass. Crush the mint leaves lightly with a cocktail muddler or the back of a spoon.
- Pour 1 oz. elderflower liqueur, 1 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice, and 1 1/2 oz. simple syrup into the mixing glass and stir.
- Pour into an ice-filled highball glass and garnish with edible flowers. Edible flowers can usually be found in your supermarket’s produce section with the fresh herbs.
Lillet Rose Spring Cocktail
Lillet Rose has the aroma of flowers and ripe berries, so paired with edible flowers, this yummy springtime cocktail is amazing.
- Combine 6 oz. Lillet Rose, 6 oz. grapefruit juice, 3 oz. gin, and ice ina cocktail shaker. Shake well until chilled.
- Strain and divide cocktail among 3 stemmed cocktail glasses. Repeat.
- Float edible flower blossoms in the drink as a garnish.
Wild Hibiscus Prosecco Cocktails
This are so easy and pretty, so you really have no excuse for not trying this wild hibiscus Prosecco cocktail.
- Place one wild hibiscus flower into the bottom of each wine glass
- Add a spoonful of wild hibiscus flower syrup
- Fill with Prosecco
Spring has sprung and we’re dropping flowers in our cocktails. Join us.