For some reason, NBC has decided to come back for the third year in a row to broadcast the live performance of a well-known musical to get the world in the jolly holiday spirit. After mediocre performances from Carrie Underwood and Allison Williams in The Sound of Music and Peter Pan, respectively, this time around, NBC is upping their star power with an updated rendition of The Wiz. With stars like Queen Latifa, David Alan Grier, Mary J. Blige, Ne-Yo, Common, and Uzo Aduba, they’re promising an amazing show that will leave us wanting more, and it’s all happening tonight. It must be your lucky day.
To celebrate the occasion, we’ve concocted a drinking game. It’ll make your experience even more magical than it would have already been.
Here we go.
- Drink every time someone asks who the girl playing Dorothy is.
- Drink every time someone remarks in awe that she’s an unknown 19 year-old from a Jersey suburb.
- Drink every time you remember that the Wiz is actually Queen Latifa.
- Drink when you realize that Mary J. Blige should make a comeback.
- Drink every time you expect Uzo Aduba to go ballistic a la Crazy Eyes.
- Drink every time Amber Riley starts performing and you think you’re watching an episode of Glee.
- Take a shot every time you get chills while listening to Ne-Yo sing, because, wow, he’s really good.
- Finish your drink if at any point you find yourself genuinely enjoying this show.