We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing, that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Brew at the Zoo – These are cool events for booze and zoo lovers around the country. Sounds like a niche target, but they’re sold out in cities everywhere, including L.A., Miami, Atlanta, Denver, and Columbia, to name a few. Coming up, Boston is hosting Brew at the Zoo on August 18th at Franklin Park Zoo, and Louisville Zoo is hosting on August 25th.
2. Coco Chanel’s Birthday – Coco Chanel inspired a slew of cocktail recipe variations throughout her life. The most popular: equal parts Gin, Kahlua, and Cream, shaken over ice. Sounds pretty weird, but give it a try, if its Coco inspired how bad can it be?
3. Vacation – The end of August is the most popular time for people to take vacation in the United States. Cheers to vacation, and if you’re still at work, cheers to an empty office and no traffic.
4. Toast to the King – Elvis passed away this week in 1977. Have a drink in honor of the man who brought us the pelvic thrust and “Heartbreak Hotel.”
5. @charliesheen – Charlie Sheen lasted less than a month off of twitter, and is now back on. He’s sure to bring some drink worthy moments considering his last twitter stint was quite memorable. He set a record for the fastest user to reach 1 million followers, tweeted his phone number, and apparently tweeted while having sex. Lets drink to that.