If you’re anything like us, you’ve been counting down the days until the weekend since Monday morning. And alas- it’s finally here. Let’s starting pouring some drinks.
- Spanish Democracy. Way to go Spain! Forty years ago today, the Spanish Parliament chose Democracy after 37 years of dictatorship. We think it’s appropriate to whip up some Spanish Sangria in honor of this historic decision. Here’s a recipe you can try out: http://bit.ly/2gnfFdc
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. About time, am I right? For those Harry Potter fanatics out there, the first installment of the much anticipated prequel series hit theaters today. We’re thinking popcorn and butterbeer would pair lovely together.
- Thanksgiving Political Conversations. Following one of the most contentious and divisive presidential elections in history, most of us would love to just take a break from politics to eat, drink, watch football and spend some quality time with loved ones. Too bad crazy aunts and uncles across the country are getting ready for their big day. They’ve found the facts, figures, and polls they need, and their coming to ruin your dinner. This election might never end. Drink up.
- Colonel Sanders. Wait, he’s real? Yup, Colonel Harland David Sanders was a real man and on this day in 1948, he wed his sweetheart Claudia Price. For this we deem it appropriate to raise a glass of Kentucky Bourbon to an American hero.
- Fake Facebook news. You’re lying if you say you’ve never seen a fake news story shared on your Facebook newsfeed. It’s usually that know-it-all-but-doesn’t-know-anything person from your high school who trolls the Internet. Most of us have to come realize which sources are reliable or not, but it’s getting harder and harder to tell. With all the crazy things going on in the world- some true stories actually sound fake (or at least we wish they were). Facebook employees have reportedly set up an unofficial task force to combat fake news on the social media site. We’re just going to sit here, sipping our drinks, and see how this one works out…