1. Emmy nominations announced July 14th: Just like we don’t need an excuse to drink, we definitely don’t need an excuse to watch more TV. But if you’re really feeling guilty, just remind yourself that you should be an informed audience member of the upcoming 2016 Emmy’s. Pop open a beer and catch up on all the nominated shows.
2. Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates release: Let’s face it, any movie with Zac Efron is a movie worth seeing. But this one in particular- with its all-star cast including Adam Devine and Anna Kendrick- is sure to be a hilarious, mindless summer flick. Get some friends together for brews, then head out to enjoy cooling off in an air-conditioned movie theater to escape the summer heat.
3. Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris: We smell another platinum selling album in the works from Taylor Swift. The T-Swift/Calvin Harris break-up drama is not only major inspiration for some hit songs, but it would definitely also make a fantastic drinking game. Drink every time Taylor or Calvin tweet something nasty or passive aggressive at each other; do a double shot every time Katy Perry gets involved!
4. The Walking Dead: AMCs cult TV show ended its 6th and most stressful season a few months ago, but today they released a new teaser photo for season 7. For those of you who are fans, you’ll recognize the visual as Negan holding his bat, standing in front of his 11 potential victims. Which one will it be? Drink to pass the time because you won’t find out until October.
5. Pokemon Go: If you don’t already know about the earth-shattering phenomenon that is Pokemon Go, you’re definitely living under a rock. The game is already more popular than Instagram in the App Store. What better way to enjoy a summer weekend than to get together with friends, enjoy some drinks and play some Pokemon Go? Just don’t wander into the middle of a road.