1. Gosling Baby: Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling announced the birth of their second child this week. Her name is Amada – kind of like Ramada, the hotel chain she will likely never step foot in.
2. Friday the 13th: Stay away from ladders, broken mirrors and black cats today. Or don’t. As long as you have a drink in your hand you can handle anything your silly superstitions bring upon you.
3. The Bachelorette: Yesterday the reality show released cast bios for their upcoming season. There are 3 guys named James and 0 guys that seem like reasonable people. No matter how wild your weekend gets, take solace in the fact that you’ll never be crazy enough to go on that show.
4. Gronk: The party-loving tight end landed the cover of GQ and Madden this week. Fingers crossed that the Madden curse doesn’t get him. Your silly superstitions are actually starting to make us worry.
5. Instagram: The photo sharing app released a new logo this week and people are really upset about it. Drink your beer from a different glass as a reminder that it’s what’s inside that counts.