We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Tony Nominations: They were announced this week with Hamilton ringing in a record 16 nominations. It was a good year for theater. Celebrate culture with a glass of fine wine and the soundtracks to all of these musicals you can’t afford to see.
2. Trump: Cruz and Kasich officially dropped out of the political race this week leaving Trump as the presumptive Republican nominee. Have a drink and take a few shots at the basketball ring to play them out.
3. Mother’s Day: Flowers won’t make them forget about 9 months of pregnancy. Treat your mothers and wives like the queens they are today. Start with mimosas and end with a nightcap.
4. The Derby: It’s the one day a year we all pretend to love Moscow Mules. Muddle those mint leaves and suck it down. We’ll get through this together.
5. Captain America: Another superhero movie that forces us to choose between two good guys comes out this weekend. This time it’s the Captain vs. Iron Man. Hard to pick sides before hearing them both out. Take a drink and remember the days where superheroes existed peacefully in the same fictional universe.