We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Politics: Obama gave his final address to the nation on Tuesday evening with a lot more gray hairs than he started with. That was followed on Thursday by the 6th theatrical GOP debate. Sunday we see the democrats go head to head and Monday we finally get to exhale. It’s going to be a loooong year. Drink up.
2. Oscar Nominations: Thursday morning’s announcement didn’t leave many people satisfied. A lack of diversity and a Quentin snub sent a lot of angry fans on social media rants. If you’re a member of the Academy, take a few shots of bourbon before you go shaking hands on the red carpet.
3. LA Rams: St. Louis lost its football team this week and now must watch the Rams settle back into their former home of Los Angeles. Suddenly everyone in St. Louis is really into vintage jerseys and really done with sports bars.
4. Powerball: Chances are pretty great that you aren’t one of the three lucky winners from Wednesday night. Use the money you have left at the liquor store and try to forget about the job you still have to go to on Monday.
5. Goodbyes: We were forced to bid farewell to David Bowie and Alan Rickman this week. Two talented men who were above the rest in their fields. It’s time to break out the old record player, download all of your favorite movies and cry it out.