We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Resolutions: It hasn’t even been 24 hours and you already went back on that promise you made to yourself. Deal with the disappointment that is your life by grabbing a big bottle of wine.
2. No Plans: The holidays are officially over. Take the weekend to relax with a movie marathon and a glass of whiskey. Try your best to ignore the outside world before work starts back up again on Monday.
3. Clean Up: After-party cleaning is miserable. It’s a day filled with other people’s trash, stale beer and random sparkles glued to the carpet. Pray there’s an extra bottle of champagne left over so you can celebrate once it’s over.
4. Leftovers: Chinese food, pizza, anything you drunkenly ordered on New Year’s Eve is now up for grabs. Round two of drunk food doesn’t always taste right, but it’ll be much more bearable paired with a bottle of beer.
5. Hair of the Dog: Recovering from that big NYE party is going to take more than one Bloody Mary. Mix up a batch and throw some mozzarella sticks in the oven for the breakfast your body needs.