We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Merriam Webster: This year’s dictionary additions include Beer O’Clock and Wine O’Clock; not that their lack of official standing was preventing us from celebrating them. Declare every time of day Beer O’Clock and show our word friends they made the right call.
2. Ice Cream: Scientists figured out a way to make ice cream that never melts. It’s a huge advancement for slow eaters of the world, and bad news for the Ice Cream Soup shop your 6 year-old was hoping to open up.
3. JUSTICE: Deflategate turned into nothing but a dark and miserable memory for Patriots fans this week as Tom Brady was vindicated. New England is happy to have their quarterback on the field and the rest of the country is happy that they’ll finally shut up about it.
4. Serena Williams: The inspiring tennis star continues her quest for the Grand Slam this weekend. Just as her tennis ball goes back and forth across the court, so should you go back and forth across the bar.
5. Obama: The leader of our nation spent the day with Bear Grylls to learn about climate change firsthand and take a few selfies with glaciers. If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to be President, now all you need to do is grab a 30 and spend a day in the woods.