We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Movie Night: With Ant Man and Trainwreck hitting the big screen this weekend it’s as good a time as any for comedy fans to buy a ticket. Order an extra large soda and BYOB for double the laughs.
2. Emmy Nominations: They were announced Thursday and Netflix cleaned up rather nicely. Spend the weekend binging the series you missed with a big bottle of wine on hand.
3. New Frontiers: Scientists believe to have found a solar system that mirrors our own with a potential Earth 2.0 candidate. If people start jumping ship to the new world, that’s just more drinks for us.
4. Amazon Prime Day: The over-hyped shopping holiday turned out to be a bust. Were you one of the many who woke up early or stayed up late only to find a sad collection of VHS tapes waiting for you? Go take a long nap then grab a cold drink.
5. Phone Depression: A study released this week from Northwestern University revealed that someone’s phone habits and phone GPS can determine their level of depression. More time spent starting at the screen and less travel = one sad dude. We urge you to drown your sorrows in whiskey, not Snapchat.