We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Long Weekend: You’ve got three days of not working staring you right in the face. Accept the challenge.
2. Goodbye Dave: This weekend marks the first in a world that doesn’t have Letterman on TV. YouTube his greatest hits and take a drink for every time he makes you laugh.
3. Facebook: Their Messenger app just added a Caller ID function. Next time someone says “hi” you’ll see their occupation, location, and mutual friends. It’s cool in that creepy, Facebook-knows-more-about-you-than-you-ever-will kind of way.
4. You’re Old: In an interview this week, Maggie Gyllenhaal said she was told that she lost out in a role because she was too old to be the lover of a 55 year old man. Maggie is 37. Now would be a great time to invent a wine that doubles as anti-aging cream.
5. Grand Slam: The French Open begins this Sunday. Turn up the TV volume and give your nosy neighbors something to talk about.