We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Deflategate: People are still talking about Tom Brady’s balls. The Players Association is challenging the NFL on the ridiculous 4-game suspension they dished out earlier this week. But don’t worry– Goodell is trying to appoint himself to hear the case directly because that totally makes sense and isn’t weird at all and it’s fine, we’re fine, everything is fine.
2. Auto-Drive: Google’s self-driving cars are ready to leave the test track and take a spin in the real world. Even though they won’t drive faster than 25 MPH and they’ll have a safety driver on board in case of emergency, this is still a huge advance in the world of designated driving. Cheers to that.
3. Mad Men: This weekend we bid adieu to our friends at Sterling Cooper after 7 seasons together. There are plenty of theories out there about how it will all end, but as long as we’re sipping on an Old Fashioned while it happens- we’re good.
4. Sueber: Some guy from California says he deserves a castle in the Uber kingdom because the whole thing was his idea. Pretty bold statement. He’s suing them for a share in the company and we’re thinking about taking a Lyft.
5. BB King: No better time to listen to the blues than when mourning the loss of the genre’s best. Rest easy, Blues Boy.