We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Round of 16: That’s right. We’re still talking world cup. And against many people’s predictions, the US is still in it. Take some time this weekend to pour a drink for our team. They’ll need it.
2. July: SO CLOSE. Not only does July bring a whole new array of drinks to the table, but it also brings us to the second half of 2014. Woah, time flies.
3. Wimbledon: Since 1877, this prestigious tennis tourney has been the talk of the town for two weeks each summer. It’s here once again, so grab a drink and tune in. Don’t forget, pinkies up.
4. School’s out: At this point, most of the K-12 youngsters are out of school. Whether that means you’ll need to find a babysitter, or that you’ll be the babysitter, we know that a drink won’t hurt to get you through.
5. The Leftovers: HBO’s new drama series premiers this Saturday night. While we find out what happens when 2% of the world’s population disappears, let’s make a toast and be glad it’s only TV.