With summer quickly approaching and the sun coming out to play, it’s time again for backyard parties and weekends of cocktail canoodling. What better way to kick off a summer Sunday than with a twist on a brunch time classic: Mimosas. And who doesn’t like a bottomless boozy brunch with more than just the original orange juice mimosa? So get ready to become the hottest new DIY bartender with your own Mimosa Bar. Here is a step by step of how to do it and do it right:
What you will need:
- Bubbles: 1 bottle usually makes around 8 mimosas, so depending on the size of your party make sure to grab enough bottles of cava, prosecco, or champagne. Make sure they are cold and stored in an ice bucket.
- Water: Club soda for a non-alcoholic version is always a good idea as well as water to refresh your guests.
- Ice and Ice bucket: The ice bucket ensures that the bubbles are always chilled.
- Garnishes: Add some flare to the glasses with a sugar rim. Use sliced fruit to rim the glass before dipping in sugar then use the same fruit slice to add garnish. Try fruits like strawberries, oranges, raspberries, blackberries or blueberries. For a different taste try carrot strings with a carrot-orange mimosa.
- Juice: The juice for the mimosa bar makes the drink. You don’t have to stick to class orange juice, add some fun summer fruits like pineapple, pomegranate, blackberry, or grapefruit juices.
- Glasses: Champagne glasses are always fun to use because you are using sparkling booze and this makes it feel like a celebration, but using a variety of shapes and sizes can add to a fun quirky style to the bar.
- Juice Glasses and Labels: I put the juice in clear bottles so the juice color could be brought to life adding pops of color to the gathering.
- Table Decor: Whether you want a tropical tiki bar feel or a classic backyard party you can customize your mimosa bar with any style of décor think chalkboard labels, flowers, candy, or beach toys and fake sand.
Ingredients by the numbers:
- 2 bottles of chilled champagne, cava, or prosecco
- 1 bottle of club soda for non-alcoholic version
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup of carrot strings
- 2 cups of orange, blackberry, pomegranate, pineapple, grapefruit, and carrot/orange juice
- Sugar for rimming the glasses
- Ice for ice bucket
- Set up table with decor, juice, rimmed glasses, garnishes, ice bucket, and champagne
- Fill champagne glasses half way with juice
- Top off with champagne and garnish
Yields: 16 servings