Every two years, we get to watch the most talented athletes in the world compete for the chance at a gold medal. Tonight marks the opening ceremony (well technically it’s going on right now in Sochi) and we plan on watching with a beverage in hand. We’ve put together a drinking game to keep your buzz going during the opening ceremonies and start Sochi 2014 the right way.
- Take a drink when a new country is introduced. Pace yourself.
- Take two sips every time they announce a country you didn’t know existed. This should only happen once (or twice).
- Fill up your cup every time they show the Team USA uniforms. It’s going to look like an ugly sweater party in Sochi.
- Take a sip every time they show the Olympic torch.
- Take a shot when they show the Jamaican Bobsled team. Rocking a winter sport from a tropical island can’t be easy.
- Take a shot when the opening ceremony gets weird – it’s bound to happen.
- Refill your drink every time they show Putin looking pissed off.
- Take a shot every time you hear the words “Flying Tomato.”
- Crack open a beer any time you see an athlete taking a selfie or filming themselves.
- Finish your drink when they light the Olympic Cauldron.
Sochi is bound to be a blast. If you know how to celebrate the Olympics, you’ll be watching with a drink in hand. Let the games begin.