Tis the season to drink and be merry. In honor of the 12 Days of Christmas, we’ll countdown the days with a beverage that you can enjoy this holiday season.
When we think of the holidays, we usually think about diets being tossed out the window until the new year begins. With so many rich foods and cocktails, can you really blame people for doing that? There is, however, a weird breed of dieters that actually try to stick to their healthy lifestyle throughout the cookie swaps, office parties, and family gatherings. We want you to know that while we don’t necessarily have the willpower to stay away from the spiked eggnog, we do admire your tenacity and commitment to your health. Because of that, here are 3 festive low calorie cocktails you can still enjoy while watching your waist.
The only time you’ll ever see a skinny Santa is in drink form. The Skinny Santa is super easy to make and it’s only around 100 calories.
In a glass filled with ice, add:
- 1 1/2 oz. Voli Lemon Vodka
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- Splash of club soda
Stir and garnish with a raspberry and a lime, if desired.
The Pomegranate Sparkler is a great alternative to the traditional flute of champagne on New Year’s Eve.
- Pour 3 oz. sparkling wine into a champagne flute
- Top with 1 oz. pomegranate juice and drop in a few pomegranate seeds to a cute garnish.
The recipe is from Bethenny Frankel, the queen of low calorie cocktails. We were so excited to see that she has a way to make spiked eggnog without consuming 5 million calories (that’s an approximate estimate).
- Beat 2 egg yolks until lightened in color. Add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until dissolved, and then set aside.
- Combine 2 cups 1% low fat milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1 dash each of cinnamon and nutmeg in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and gradually whisk into egg mixture. Return to pot, and cook to 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1/4 cup white rum, and pour into a bowl. Set in the fridge.
- Beat 4 pasteurized egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. With the mixer still running, gradually add 1 Tbsp. sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk egg whites into the chilled mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon.
See, you can booze up while staying low cal. Cheers to having an extra cookie with these skinny cocktails.