Tomorrow is Father’s Day, and while we love celebrating with our dads, we also like paying tribute to some other fathers we grew up with as well: the cool dads on the TV. Our TV babysat us for a large portion of our childhood, so these television dads almost feel like they are part of our family. So, for Father’s Day this year, we salute the top TV dads and their favorite alcoholic beverages.
- Homer Simpson, The Simpsons: Duff Beer
- Tony Soprano, The Sopranos: Glenlivet 12 on the rocks
- Al Bundy, Married…with Children: Girlie Girl Beer
- Don Draper, Mad Men: An Old-Fashioned cocktail
- Peter Griffin, Family Guy: Pawtucket Patriot Ale
- George Jefferson, The Jeffersons: Scotch
- Red Foreman, That 70s Show: Beer (he doesn’t seem to be committed to one brand)
- Archie Bunker, All in the Family: Best Quality Beer (aka the beer in the yellow can)
- Dan Conner, Roseanne: Beer (again, no brand commitment)
The weird thing we didn’t realize until we started working on this list? TV dads really love fictional beers. Don’t get us wrong, we love beer too, but we think it’s time we started petitioning TV shows to make their dads get more creative with their alcoholic choices. The next generation of kids who are watching television right now need to know that fathers aren’t just about beer; we are deep, awesome men with extensive knowledge of and appreciation for a variety of alcohols.
Okay, so who did we miss? What does your favorite TV dad drink?