If you don’t remember ‘Yo Momma’ jokes, you’re too young to be reading this.
Anyways. Mother’s Day is this Sunday for those of you who forgot. And there’s probably a 75% chance you did forget, but don’t worry. We have perfect last minute ideas to celebrate your booze-loving mom.
Bacon Straws (via Supercall)
Forget olives, celery sticks and mini cheese burgers; the ultimate Bloody Mary garnish is a bacon straw (and yes they actually work). Transform your mom’s mundane Bloody into the best one she’s ever had.
What You’ll Need:
- Tin foil
- Baking sheet
- Baking rack
- Thick cut bacon
- Form cylindrical dowels out of foil about a quarter of an inch in diameter.
- Carefully wrap a piece of bacon around one the foil tubes, wrapping at a 45-degree angle. With each revolution, make sure the bacon slightly overlaps itself so there are no gaps in the final product. Repeat with as many pieces of bacon as you want depending on how many bacon straws you need.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place each bacon-wrapped tube on a baking rack set on top of a baking sheet. When the love comes to temperature, bake the bacon straws for about 20 minutes, until they are very brown and crispy.
- Allow the bacon straws to cool completely, then carefully slide them off of the foil tubes (some will require gentle wiggling) and set aside until ready to use.
- Use the straws in Bloody Marys, Bloody Marias, or any drink that could b benefit from a little bacon.
Homemade Irish Cream (via Supercall)
It’s Mother’s Day- let her get a little buzz from her morning coffee. This easy homemade Irish Cream recipe will do the trick.
What You’ll Need:
- 1.5 cups Irish Whiskey
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. instant coffee
- One 750-ml or two 500-ml swing-top bottles
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend thoroughly.
- Allow the foam to settle and divide into two 500ml bottles.
- Keep, refrigerated, for up to two months, and shake before serving.
Blue Wine (via Delish)
Now that you’ve got your mom’s breakfast covered, you can’t forget about dinner. When it comes to mothers, you can’t go wrong with wine…or even better, Prosecco.
Blue Prosecco has officially hit the market in America. Created by the Italian company Fratelli – which sells an array of sparkling red and white wine – Blumond is 7% ABV sparkling wine made from prosecco, blue curaçao, and peach. On their website, they describe it as “a velvety and seductive sparkling wine that is deliciously fruity.” This is a sweet wine and is recommended as an aperitif or to be paired with dessert.